Monday, September 24, 2012

[2010-2013] Korean Dramas with the Best Soundtracks (OST)

Korean Dramas were one of the earlier premier exports of the Hallyu Wave beginning at the turn of the century. To this date, it is riding high on its popularity with the music industry along its side. It has continued to achieve global recognition that began with classics such as Winter Sonata, Autumn in my Heart and Dae Jang Geum. Often times, the sound track of a Korean Drama plays a pivotal role in its perception and recognition. Within its scenes, music scores are blended in onscreen to tell a deeper story, foreshadowing a lurking evil or returning happiness. In the case of Autumn in my Heart, it can move the viewer to tears with its sad instrumentals accompanying the heart-breaking scenes.

As a fan of Korean Dramas, I am often times captivated by many original soundtracks with its quality sound and complete package. I often like soft ballads with piano tunes that often makeup the track-listings of an OST. Therefore, I have decided to make a list of OSTs that in my opinion are the most enjoyable and feature several valuable tracks. Let me know as well which soundtracks were the most enjoyable in your opinion.

Alphabetically. Yearly.


1. Complete Package / Brilliant OSTs

...those that feature several great songs that are enjoyable and not to missed for sure.

2000

Autumn Story

2009

Boys Over Flowers
You're Beautiful

2010

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Personal Taste
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Bad Guy

2011

City Hunter
Dream High
Heartstrings
Secret Garden
The Greatest Love
49 Days

2012

Arang and the Magistrate
Big
Bridal Mask
Cheongdamdong Alice
Dream High 2
Five Fingers
I Miss You
The King 2 Hearts
Nice Guy
Reply 1997
Rooftop Prince
Shut Up Flower Band
The Moon that Embraces the Sun
To The Beautiful You


Watch the music video to Stand Up below from To The Beautiful You OST and rock out with SM Rockstar J-Min and TRAX's Jungmo.

2013

That Winter, The Wind Blows
Heirs
Reply 1994
Good Doctor
Miss Korea
Flower Boy Next Door
The Master's Sun
Two Weeks

2. Satisfying / Worthwhile OST

...those that feature some memorable tracks with along with others not so memorable ones.


2002

Stairway to Heaven 

I Miss You - Kim Bum Soo (A Classic) *Check out the live rendition below.


Winter Sonata
My Memory - Yiruma

2004

I'm Sorry, I Love You
Snowflake - Park Hyo Shin

2008

Beethoven Virus
Can You Hear Me - Taeyeon (Girls' Generation)

Hong Gil Dong
Perhaps - Taeyeon (Girls' Generation)

2010


Cinderella's Sister

It Has To Be You - Yesung (Super Junior)

Iris
Hallelujah - Big Bang

King of Baking, Kim Takgu

Hope is a Dream that Doesn't Sleep - Kyuhun (Super Junior)



Prosecutor Princess

Goodbye My Princess - Monday Kiz



2011



Can You Hear My Heart

I Can Only Hear You - Kim Jae Suk



Dangerous Meeting
As Time Goes By - Lee Si Young

Lie to Me
I Belong to You - MBLAQ

Me Too, Flower!
Too Much Tears - Suzy (Miss A)

My Princess
Kasio - Taru
Cherish That Person - Yoseob (Beast)

Protect the Boss
I'll Protect You - Jaejoong (JYJ)

Miss Ripley (미스 리플리)
The Empty Space for You - Yoochun (JYJ)

Royal Family
Say That - Jung Jae Wook

Sparkling
If You Give all of Your Heart - Girl's Day

2012

A Gentleman's Dignity
Beautiful Words - Jeon Geun Hwa (M Signal)
My Love - Lee Jong Hyun (CNBlue)

Dr. Jin
Living Like a Dream - Jaejoong (JYJ)
Last Love - Song Seung Hun

I Do, I Do
That Girl Over Flowers - Yesung (Super Junior)

I Find Love 2
I Choose to Love You - Hyorin (Sistar)

I Love Lee Tae Ri
Love...Goodbye - Jun. K (2PM)

King's Dream
Heart Road - Jessica (Girls' Generation)

Lights and Shadow
Everything - Son Dam Bi

Queen In Hyun's Man
Just Once - Kim Yong Jae (4men)
Another Time, The Same Sky - Joo Hee (8eight)

Take Care of Us Captain
It's Cold - Song Ji Eun (Secret)


The Chaser
How Can I Forget You - Huh Gong

Ohlala Couple
The Place Where I'll Live - Sung Si Kyung

2013

Empire of Gold
Love Love Love - 4Men

Empress Ki
Only One - Soyou (Sistar)

Gu Family Book
Spring Rain - Baek Ji Young

I Can Hear Your Voice
Why Did You Come Now - Jung Yeop

Marry Him If You Dare
It's You - Park Hyo Shin

The Queen's Classroom
Maybe Tomorrow - Ryeowook (Super Junior)



Don't hesitate in leaving me with your thoughts on anything missed.

*Note: This post has since been revised to include fellow blogger Angela's recommendation of 'Bad Guy OST', which has taken its rightful place under the 'Brilliant OSTs' category.  Be sure to check out her sincere and thoughtful blog 'Gratitude Tree' here.

[Video Source: I Am A Singer, SMTown @ YouTube]

No comments:

Post a Comment